I believe that the discipline of painting every day is a great way to help me improve my work. I find that giving myself a personal challenge helps me meet my daily painting goal. My latest challenge is called a 'Sunflower a Day'. I will paint 100 sunflowers in pastel in 100 days. They will all be 6x6 and I will be experimenting with many techniques and surfaces. Paintings will be available for sale. I invite you to join me and paint along or visit often to see my progress.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sunflower Painting #9 Monochromatic Blue Sunflower

Sunflower Painting #9 Blue Sunflower 6x6 pastel
I have been working on my Sunflower project and I am sharing #9 today. I intended it to be a sunflower a day but there have been days I haven't been able to get to it....there are also some days like today when I get to paint more than one! So in the end I will get to do 100 no matter how long it takes. I plan to do more of these monochromatic sunflowers. This one is on blue canson paper. I am working this weekend on painting furniture for my new screened porch. I want to paint my second hand wooden chairs different shades of blue....I am inspired by the blue doors of the Taos Pueblo. I'll post pictures when I am finished!


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $75 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment