I believe that the discipline of painting every day is a great way to help me improve my work. I find that giving myself a personal challenge helps me meet my daily painting goal. My latest challenge is called a 'Sunflower a Day'. I will paint 100 sunflowers in pastel in 100 days. They will all be 6x6 and I will be experimenting with many techniques and surfaces. Paintings will be available for sale. I invite you to join me and paint along or visit often to see my progress.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunflower Painting #9 A new week begins!

'Sunflower #9' 6x6 pastel
I did a watercolor underpainting with some very bright colors. I like them so I didn't do much changing when I added pastel. They almost look fluorescent! I have some ideas for this weeks 'crop' of sunflower paintings and I think I will set up my paper to get a head start.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $75 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment