I believe that the discipline of painting every day is a great way to help me improve my work. I find that giving myself a personal challenge helps me meet my daily painting goal. My latest challenge is called a 'Sunflower a Day'. I will paint 100 sunflowers in pastel in 100 days. They will all be 6x6 and I will be experimenting with many techniques and surfaces. Paintings will be available for sale. I invite you to join me and paint along or visit often to see my progress.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sunflower #4

'Sunflower #4' 6x6 pastel ©Karen Margulis
Today's sunflower was inspired by a painting by Henri Matisse. Next week's pastel class will focus on Matisse so I was going through my Matisse books. I love his use of color and so many of his paintings make me smile. I thought it would be fun to choose a painting I like and paint my sunflower using this palette. It was so much fun that I did #5 already! This one is on black Pastelmat card. I am going to order more of this surface. It has a wonderful feel and takes a of of pastel. They go on like butter!

Price




No comments:

Post a Comment