I believe that the discipline of painting every day is a great way to help me improve my work. I find that giving myself a personal challenge helps me meet my daily painting goal. My latest challenge is called a 'Sunflower a Day'. I will paint 100 sunflowers in pastel in 100 days. They will all be 6x6 and I will be experimenting with many techniques and surfaces. Paintings will be available for sale. I invite you to join me and paint along or visit often to see my progress.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sunflower Painting #5

'Sunflower #5' 6x6 pastel ©Karen Margulis
For today's painting I chose another palette inspired by a painting in my Matisse book. I don't plan on painting all of my sunflowers yellow and I like this pink one! I am finished with a big commission so I now will spend the weekend getting more 6x6 paper prepared for my project. I was feeling a bit guilty working on anything other than the commission paintings so now I can devote more of my time on the sunflower project.
Price




No comments:

Post a Comment