I believe that the discipline of painting every day is a great way to help me improve my work. I find that giving myself a personal challenge helps me meet my daily painting goal. My latest challenge is called a 'Sunflower a Day'. I will paint 100 sunflowers in pastel in 100 days. They will all be 6x6 and I will be experimenting with many techniques and surfaces. Paintings will be available for sale. I invite you to join me and paint along or visit often to see my progress.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SunflowerPainting #2

'Sunflower #2' 6x6 pastel ©Karen Margulis
It is day two of my Sunflower a Day challenge and I was anxious to get painting today. I love when that happens! Today I cut a pile of 6x6 paper from my scraps. This will be a good way to make use of those small pieces of paper. I also got together all of my sunflower reference photos for this challenge. My neighbor has some huge sunflowers in bloom so I will plan on getting some new photos and new angles. Today's painting is on navy blue canson paper on the bumpy side. I sometimes actually like the regular texture of the bumpy side.


This painting available for $75



No comments:

Post a Comment